CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 3, 2011

Travels: Poipu Beach (Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii)

It's been a busy trip home. The rain showers came and went throughout my stay on Kauai. I managed to take advantage of a break in the rain to high tail it down to the beach for a quickie. I went to Poipu Beach.

Poipu Beach is located on the Southern side of the islandof Kauai. It's a beautiful beach and has been rated as one of the world's top beaches. On one side there's a enclosed pond for the kiddies to play in where they're protected from the waves. On the other side, there's reef for snorkeling. You'll even see people surfing and paddle boarding out in the surf.

Once while I was at Poipu Beach, we were lucky enough to witness a Hawaiian Monk Seal come on shore for a sunbath. Awesome!


4 comments:

the red headed traveler said...

I remember reading about Poipu Beach when researching Kauai :) Sad I won't be seeing it but all of your Hawaii posts have made me immensely excited for my trip next month.

smedette said...

What a beautiful place! Sounds like you had a lovely visit home.

Wendy said...

I am so jealous. Really.

Hey - you won a cookbook in one of my GTTC givewaways! When you get settled in, send me an e-mail with your address and I'll send it over. wkspray at gmail. com

~Holly~ said...

the red headed traveler: You'll have lot of other beaches to post about! I'm excited for you!

smedette: Thanks! It was a short but nice visit!

wendy: Hooray! I won?? I never win anything!