CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Travels: Covent Garden (London, England)

Covent Garden used to be an old fruit and vegetable market.  It went on to become the city's first planned square and was laid out in 1633 by Inigo Jones.  Recently the Royal Opera House was added to the square.  

Today, Covent Garden is a bustling district at the eastern fringes of the West End of London that features many restaurants, pubs, cafes and shops.  As you pass through this area, there are also a lot of street performers.      
At the center of Covent Garden is the Piazza (the old market) as well as Jubilee Market which now features many handmade crafts.  It was nice to look around, window shop and people watch.  
























































On my first visit through Covent Gardens, I had already had lunch so I mostly window shopped.  On my second visit however, I couldn't help but get a snack from Ella's Bakehouse.  The devilishly delicious cupcakes called out to me.                 



















I got a Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cupcake.  If you know me, you know that I can't resist the combination of chocolate and peanut butter.  This cupcake was almost too pretty to eat.  I said almost.  I chowed down.  It was so moist and delicious!!
















Ella's Bakehouse is located right at the Piazza of Covent Garden.  Be sure to visit their tiny shop for a delightful treat!


Ella's Bakehouse
20a The Piazza
Covent Garden
London, ENGLAND  WC2E 8RB
http://ellasbakehouse.co.uk/



0 comments: