CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 12, 2011

Harvest Monday: 9/12/11

Wow!  I must be getting senile because I just forgot my first Harvest Monday!!  Here's my belated posting. There's been lots happening here.  Who woulda thunk!  In September!  

It's been tomato city!!  I added it all up and I harvested 16 pounds of tomatoes this week!  Waahoo!  Spaghetti sauce and salsa, here I come!


September 5th's harvest included LOTS of tomatoes, eggplants and cucumbers.

On September 7, I picked more tomatoes!  Look at these beauties!  I also picked some thyme, oregano and rosemary.  

















More tomatoes on September 9th and 10th.  This time a few of one of my favorites: Green Zebra Tomatoes!  I also harvested a lot of Shishito Peppers, Konasu Eggplant and Tomatillos.


















This is a comparison of the Paul Robeson (left) and Cherokee Purple (right).  I just love tomatoes.  They're sooo photogenic!

 

This week's harvest totals:
- tomatoes: 16.07 lb
- eggplant: 0.63 lb
- cucumbers: 1.66 lb
- herbs: 0.02 lb
- peppers: 0.66 lb
- tomatillos: 2.43 lb


2 comments:

the red headed traveler said...

Everything looks wonderful, especially the herbs. I spend too much buying fresh cut up ones at the store. I salute your awesome green thumb!

Robin said...

It looks like you are in tomato heaven!!!