CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 4, 2011

GTTC: 9/4/11

I haven't posted a GTTC in a while.  I guess you can say I've been busy in the garden and kitchen.  I've had a lot of apples and peaches to use up.  There have been a lot of u-pick opportunities here.  

Here's a simple but refreshing Peach Lemonade.



















I tried a new recipe with some Shishito peppers picked from the garden.  This is a Shishito Pepper with Miso Vinaigrette recipe.













I cooked Borlotti Beans for the first time.  These were also harvested from my garden and slow cooked in the oven.  The smell was heavenly and the taste was divine!  I'll be growing more of these beans next season!  You can find the recipe for Slow Cooked Borlotti Beans here.















I made a delicious Apple Cake with leftover Gravenstein apples.  This cake was very moist with the addition of applesauce instead of the oil.















I also have been canning like a mad woman!  I canned several batches of applesauce and peaches.  




















**Linking up to Wendy's GTTC**

2 comments:

takaeko said...

I love shishito peppers but I've never seen your recipe using miso! That's interesting and new.
I mainly use say-sauce and shaved dried bonito for seasoning.

Wendy said...

Holly - you've been incredibly busy!!!