CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Canning: Salsa



Mmmm....salsa.  If there's one thing I love, it's salsa.  I canned 2 batches of Annie's Salsa last season.  I gave away a few jars here and there and used the rest up way too early.  This year I'm planning ahead.  I need to can more than 2 batches to keep my salsa cravings under control (and still play nice and share).

Yesterday I started by canning 2 batches (or 12 pints) of this salsa.  I used half roma tomatoes and half slicing tomatoes.  I find the consistency of the salsa is to my liking this way.  Last year the batch that I made with just Romas was too thick.  I also used 3/4 cup cider vinegar (as opposed to white vinegar).  I tried to make it spicier.  The jalapenos from my garden was small so I used 7 small jalapenos (plus the seeds from one pepper) in both batches. The salsa is turned out mild.

The next batch will be more medium with more jalapeno seeds or a habenero.  I wish you could see me grinning from ear to ear.  Mmm....more salsa!  I'm a very happy camper!

1 comments:

the red headed traveler said...

I love salsa, especially the really exotic kinds. One of the things I look forward to the most when traveling to Mexico-the salsa!