CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What's Cookin?: Roasted Shishito Peppers with Miso Vinaigrette

I had another big harvest of Shishito Peppers. Although my favorite way to eat these are just pan fried with sea salt, I was trying something new. This recipe was a nice change of pace and the miso vinaigrette added a nice touch.



Roasted Shishito Peppers with Miso Vinaigrette


1 lb. Shishito peppers
sea salt
canola or vegetable oil to toss
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
t tsp. miso paste
1 tsp. sesame seeds
1 tsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil

1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the peppers with a little bit of oil. Place them in a baking pan or cookie sheet and roast them for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle them with sea salt when you remove them from the oven.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Drizzle the sauce over the peppers and serve.

3 comments:

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

yummy! looks so very delicious! I love shishito!! The list of things to grow next year just keeps growing...!!

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Mmmm...this look very good. Made me hungry and I need to find something to eat in the kitchen before I continue on blogging.

~Holly~ said...

charmcitybalconygarden: Haha! You'll love shishitos! I have 3 plants (all in containers) and it's wonderful!! You can never have enough shishitos!

MKG: That always happens to me when I visit your blog. It makes me hungry!! =0)