CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What's Bakin?: Peach Blueberry Crisp

With 34 pounds of peaches, it's hard not to make dessert. I'm a fan of easy peasy desserts. Crisps are pretty easy. Most ingredients you'll already have at home.

I love the combination of peaches and blueberries. They blend really well! Luckily, I had some blueberries straight from the garden and a ton of peaches!



Peach Blueberry Crisp
Serves 5-6


Fruit Filling:
2 pounds fresh ripe peaches (6-8 large fruit)
2 tsp. grated lemon zest
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
1 c. fresh blueberries (about 1/2 pint)

Topping:
1/2 c. quick cooking rolled oats
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 c. brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 Tbsp. butter, room temperature

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2) Peel your peaching using the following instructions. Immerse the whole peaches in boiling water for 30-60 seconds. Shock them in an ice water bath. Peel the skin off the peaches and slice the peaches into thick wedges. Place the peaches in a large bowl and add the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and flour. Toss well. Gently mix in the blueberries. Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes. Pour the mixture into a pie pan or an 9x9 inch square pan.

2) Combine the rolled oats, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle the mixture over the fruit.


3) Bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes until the fruit is fork tender.


Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or cold. Yummy!!

2 comments:

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

This recipe sounds so good--I'm going to try it soon! I can pick up peaches at the farmers' market tomorrow, and I have u-pick blueberries that I froze earlier in the season in my freezer, so I'm good to go. Thank you for stopping by my blog--it is appreciated!

~Holly~ said...

athena: Good luck on your dessert. Next time I think I would add more of the topping on it. I love the topping!!