CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 19, 2011

What Does 25 Pounds of Cucumbers Look Like??

It looks like this......

I bought this 25 pound bag of pickling cucumbers at The Pumpkin Patch on Sauvie's Island. It was $21.95. I was only going to get a 10 pound bag, but the 25 pounds seemed like a better deal. What the heck was I thinking?? I was thinking of pickles....dill pickles, bread and butter pickles, pickled relish.....

Needless to say, I'll be very busy this weekend. I'm using a few recipes from "The Joy of Pickling" by Linda Ziedrich. If anyone has some favorite pickle recipes, I'm all ears!!

6 comments:

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Wow you are so productive! Pickles sounds delicious.

the red headed traveler said...

Holy mole! So many cukes :)

scrapper al said...

Wowsers! So how much have you used so far?

~Holly~ said...

Haha! I've been making pickles of all kinds for days now.

Ben Czajkowski said...

Wow, girl, you really undertook a crazy adventure in this one! I've been reading the process, and I'm glad that you survived without having cukes coming from your eyes.

I hope the pickles taste great, in the end!

~Holly~ said...

ben: Thanks! I can't wait to dig into them. I'll wait a month before cracking them open but not a minute longer!!