CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 8, 2011

Harvest Monday 8/8/11

This week I harvested some of the same but some firsts too!!

This week saw a few strawberries here and there. They are the larger strawberries now. I also harvested the first of the peppers of 2011. This year the first peppers of the season were Shishito Peppers. I harvested twice this week and got a total of 5 yummy peppers.


Later in the week, I harvested more tomatillos and made a delicious Pollo Verde out of them.
A few more blueberries and raspberries were ripe this week.

I pulled the Watermelon Radish this week. It was growing under the fast growing tomato plants.
Since Barbie asked, here's what the Watermelon Radish looks like cut. It has a pretty pink center.
More firsts this week. My first cucumber (a little Parisian Pickling Cucumber) and my first summer squash (a fat Lebanese Squash). Also this week were more eggplant (my first Ichiban), strawberries, basil, green beans and peas.

This week's harvest totals:
- Mixed berries = 0.58 lb
- Tomatillos = 0.38 lb
- Peppers = 0.04 lb
- Radish = 0.44 lb
- Eggplant = 0.23 lb
- Cucumbers = 0.08 lb
- Squash, summer = 0.32 lb
- Basil = 0.07 lb
- Green beans = 0.06 lb
- Peas = 0.11 lb

12 comments:

Robin said...

Very nice harvests this week! I am amazed at your raspberries and blueberries. They are really doing great!

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

You must be very happy in the garden and the kitchen as well. Lovely summer harvest.

Ben Czajkowski said...

Yay! You were able to harvest eggplants! Good. Sorry about those damn slugs :(

And those berries look fantastic. :-D

Allison at Novice Life said...

I planted Parisian Picklers this season too and I must say, yours look a heck of a lot better than mine! LOL

Nice harvest!

Barbie said...

I wanna see the radish sliced!

Mac said...

Nice harvest, the Ichiban is super productive, you'll love it.

Shawn Ann said...

All the berries look delicious!

kitsapFG said...

Those blueberries and strawberries look very tasty!

Daphne said...

Such beautiful berries.

~Holly~ said...

robin: I'm amazing at my raspberry too!

MKG: Thank you! It's been a slow but productive year!

Ben: Yep! Luckily that stupid slug kept going back to the same eggplant. Had he sampled all of them, I'd be pissed!!

allison: Do you just pickle yours? I tried a larger cucumber sliced and it had some bitter spots.

barbie: Just for you, I went back and included a picture of the radish sliced in half.

mac: Thanks! I hope they kick in before it starts to get cool here!

shawn ann: Thanks!!

kitsapFG: Thanks! They were very tasty!

Daphne: Thank you!

meemsnyc said...

I grew watermelon radish this year too, and I love the look. Nice size strawberries! I'm so jealous that you are still getting berries. Berries are over for us for awhile now.

~Holly~ said...

meemsnyc: I also love how pretty the watermelon radishes are. Yep, still getting berries into August. Crazy!