CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 7, 2011

GTTC: 8/7/11

Here's what's been going on in my kitchen this week. I couldn't resist the Farmer's Market's tomatoes. My tomatoes are still green. I sliced up this juicy heirloom (Cherokee Purple) tomato and made a Caprese Sandwich. I layered the tomatoes with mozzerella cheese and basil (from my garden). I seasoned with sea salt, pepper, extra extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It was served on an Asiago Cheese baguette. It was so delicious!!

Here's my harvested carrots, green beans and snow peas as a side dish. I quickly cooked the vegetables and tossed them with butter, garlic, dill, salt and pepper.

Here's what I made with my tomatillo harvest this week. I used some of the shredded chicken and homemade chicken stock in the freezer to make a delicious Pollo Verde. It was quick and easy since I used the pre-shredded chicken. The tomatillo sauce gave this just the right flavor.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

This stuff looks great. I would love that pollo verde. I had the caprese sandwhich yesterday - only the non-sandwich version (bread salad). So summer!

~Holly~ said...

Wendy: Thanks! The pollo verde was wonderful! And really simple with the pre-shreded chicken! I love caprese anything!!