CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 14, 2011

GTTC 8/14/11

This week's meals have been relatively simple. My Cherokee Purple Tomatoes from the Farmer's Market was mixed with a few leaves of homegrown lettuce to make a delicious BLT. Mmm...bacon!

I fried up some homegrown Shishito Peppers (and some Farmer's Market Padron Peppers) for this very simple but tasty dish of Pan Fried Peppers.
I pulled some of the larger beets and roasted them up.

I then served them on a satisfying Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad. I even made a homemade Marionberry Balsamic Vinaigrette for the salad.
Summer means berry season. I picked some Marionberries and canned my first jam of the season.
This is a seedless Marionberry Jam. I love how pretty it looks!

5 comments:

Ben Czajkowski said...

Interesting. I've never heard of Marionberries before. I will have to try to find some.

All the food looks great! Even after a big dinner, the BLT still made me a bit hungry :)

Shaheen said...

Marionberries are new to me too. I wonder if they go by a different name in the U.K.

the red headed traveler said...

I just had dinner but your food photos have made me hungry! They all look delicious.

Wendy said...

looks amazing! I would LOVE that awesome BLT right now and the salad looks perfect.

~Holly~ said...

ben & shaheen: If you click on the original post for the Marionberry Jam, you'll see my explaination of the Marionberry. It's a hybrid developed here in Oregon. It's a blackberry and you may not find it outside the Pacific NW. They're really tasty though!

Ben: Who can resist a BLT??

the red headed traveler: LOL! Thanks!

wendy: Another BLT lover huh? Mmm...bacon!