CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

We've Got Eggplant!!

After much eggplant envy as I read other blogs, I can finally see a eggplant dinner in my future. It maybe a little while more but aha, the end is near!

This is the Ichiban eggplant getting bigger with each day.

This Konasu eggplant was the first to fruit but is still slower to mature than the Ichiban. These are smaller eggplant and are "bite sized". It's actually almost ready to harvest. Seeds were shared by fellow gardener Suzie.

I'm excited that my eggplant are finally maturing!

7 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Our plants have no fruit yet. I cant wait for ours to develop. Last year i watched them grow only to be taken by squirrels. This year will use lots of netting.

Mr. H. said...

Congrats...looks like you will enjoying that delectable delicacie soon.:)

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

Congratulations! the little eggplant is really cute!

Doc said...

Congratulations, mine are still just thinking about producing :o(

the red headed traveler said...

Congrats! Hopefully it won't be too much longer of a wait to enjoy.

Ben Czajkowski said...

Yay!! Eggplant! No more envy for you!!

Can't wait to see what you make with it! I cooked my Ichiban up last night for dinner and made a GTTC post about it. Tasted amazing, even without being part of a curry. I think you'll be happy with the Ichiban :)

~Holly~ said...

meemsnyc-I can't believe my small plants are even thinking of setting fruit but they have. We haven't had that nice hot weather eggplants love yet. I hope summer in the pacific NW doesn't disappoint the eggplant! EGAD! Squirrels?? Bad! Leave the eggplant alone!

Mr.H-Thanks!! I hope so!

charmcitybalconygarden-Thanks! It is isn't it? ;0)

doc-I'm surprised I have fruit cause the plants really aren't that big at all. I debated about pinching off the fruit and letting the plant develop more but we'll see what happens.

the red headed traveler-Thanks! I can't wait to eat eggplant again!

ben-Let's hope so anyway! I grew Millionaire last year and I believe Ichiban is similar. I was very happy with Millionaire last year. Just 2 plants gave me more than enough fruit to eat and share with friends!