CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer Changes in the Garden

There's been a lot of changes in the garden in the past couple of weeks. Last week the row covers came off. The cucumbers were starting to fruit and flower so it seems necessary to allow them breathing room. I put up a temporary trellis that I found in the garage. This just means more vigilant inspecting of Swiss chard leaves for leaf miners.

I also had to make a temporary flimsy bean trellis. I didn't realize the Borlotti Dwarf beans that were given to me were climbers. I guess I thought they were bush because they were dwarf beans. DUH! Well they wanted to climb but were far from the trellis so I had to make something for them to climb until the peas were pulled out.

This week I harvested the rest of the peas. This gave the beans and cucumbers more elbow room on the trellis. Ahh, summer is finally here. Bring on the sunshine!!

0 comments: