CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

GTTC: 7/5/11

I'm late posting this but here's what's been cooking from the garden this week. This quinoa salad was made with asparagus, swiss chard and snap peas. You can find the recipe here.
I made this soba dish with pea shoots from the farmer's market. It was delicious! You can find that recipe here.

This was made with strawberries from the market and rhubarb from a friend's garden. It's a Rhubarb and Strawberry Compote. I used some ginger and lime to wake things up.
I used the fingerling potatoes from the farmer's market to make a quick pan sauteed potato with garlic, dill, olive oil and butter. It was a delicious side dish.

I used the last of the farmer's market asparagus up and simply roasted them in the oven with olive oil and Dad's secret Hawaiian salt mix. Mmmm.

I picked some day lilies this week to test out after seeing Wendy's post. It was delicious in a quick stir fry with broccoli, snap peas and pea shoots. I finished it off with an Asian sauce. You can read about it here.


**Linking to Wendy's GTTC**

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Yay! i'm glad you tried it! What did you think?

~Holly~ said...

wendy-I liked it. I'm picking more this week to stir fry. Who knew they'd be edible!!