CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 24, 2011

GTTC: 7/24/11 Warm Summer Salad

Okay I've definitely been bad about cooking from the garden this week! This is all I have to show and I'm pretty sure the only thing from my own garden is some Lemon Basil. Hahaha!

I made it to the Farmer's Market this week (but forgot to photograph my finds!). I was a bit impatient since my own garden is slow to producing summer veggies. I couldn't resist buying some zucchini and tomatoes from other local growers. They were gorgeous!

I couldn't wait to get home and taste my summer spoils! I threw together this delicious summer salad. I added some olive oil to a pan and sauteed some garlic and leeks. Then I added some thinly sliced zucchini and seasoned with salt and pepper. At the end of the cooking, I added some fresh, ripe tomatoes and some chopped lemon basil. I tossed them and added these warm vegetables to a bed of spinach. I made a quick and easy lemon vinaigrette and poured it over the salad. It was delicious!!

It really hit the spot since I've been craving some summer vegetables!

**Linking to Wendy's GTTC at Greenish Thumb**

3 comments:

Mac said...

Yum~~~~
I'll be happy to drop off some zukes, but you're too far away ;)

Wendy said...

the lemon vinaigrette sounds just perfect!

~Holly~ said...

mac: Thanks for the offer! Haha!

Wendy: It was the perfect salad and combo of flavors!!