CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 17, 2011

GTTC: 7/17/11

Another week has gone by and once again I've been slacking in the cooking department. Here's this week's GTTC (Garden to Table Challenge). This week I used a mixture of home harvested, as well as store bought edibles.


First up was trying to figure out how to use up some dill and parsley. I made taboulleh with the parsley and baked some salmon with lemon and dill. It made for an easy and delicious meal. Oh and I can't forget the last of the asparagus. These were simply grilled in the oven. Yummy!!
I had some Swiss chard to use so I made some comfort food. Sometimes I throw in spinach to my spaghetti to give it a little more nutritional value. This time I used up some Swiss chard in my spaghetti. Mmm...comfort food!
This week I tried my first kohlrabi. I snacked on some raw but decided to toss some into a quick stir fry with olive oil, garlic, and snap peas. I used both the root and the leaves of the kohlrabi. I really liked this and will be trying to plant some kohlrabi for a fall crop. You can read more about my kohlrabi adventure here.

**Linking up to Wendy's GTTC**

5 comments:

tangledbranches said...

This doesn't look like slacking to me :-)

I've never grown kohlrabi, but your post is the second time I've read about it today. Hmmm, I think that's a sign....

the red headed traveler said...

I love asparagus! I would munch on it like Twizzlers if I didn't think people would find me odd :)

All these meals look delish, a whole lot better than our noodle bowls and hot pockets for dinner tonight lol.

Wendy said...

doesn't look slacking to me either! what big fat asparagus spears! Great harvests and dishes you're cooking up. You have such varied tastes. I think you're just an all-around foodie!

Ben Czajkowski said...

reading this in the morning had made me want to make asparagus pasta now, for lunch.

All of the dishes look awesome. Nicely done!

~Holly~ said...

tangledbranches: Thanks! I think it really is a sign. I hope you try it. This was my first season eating it. I feel like I've been missing out!

the red headed traveler: Ditto!! Asparagus season is one of my favs!! I love them simple and grilled. I could eat bunches and bunches of them all by myself (I'd just hold my nose when I pee). Hahaha!

wendy: What can I say? I love to eat! =0)

ben: haha, hope you got your asparagus fix!