CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Early July Garden Tour

It's finally July and I can't believe it's finally heating up! Here in Oregon we had a few days of 80+ weather! Woo hoo!!


Here's a pictorial tour of the early July garden.

This is one of 3 tomatillo plants I have in pots. This one is the largest of the lot. Lot and lots of flowers! You maybe asking "why do you have 3 plants?". I realize that it may seem like overkill but I thought 1 of my plants was dying so I bought another to replace it. I planted it in the same pot but left the dying one in there. By some miracle, it survived! I'm hoping to have lots and lots of tomatillos this year. One of my co-workers has been sharing some recipes with me so I'm hoping to gift her with some later this summer.
Besides the fruit, the flowers are lovely on the plant. I love the little green lanterns. I peeked inside and yes, there is a fruit growing. How exciting!
Pretty pea flower faces.
There are lots of eggplant flowers. I'm hoping they will lead to eggplants!



Blueberries, Strawberries and Raspberries



The squash plants are producing male flowers right now. Just waiting for those girls! I love how pretty the Clarinette Lebanon Squash leaves look.


The Envy Edamame are coming along.
Baby cucumbers. This one is from the Parisian Pickling Cucumbers. I'm very excited to see what these end up looking like.
I'm proud to report lots and lots and lots of tomato flowers!!






This is the Borlotti Dwarf. I'm not sure what type it is as it was shared by a fellow gardener. It's awfully pretty though. I love the magenta mixed in.

Lettuce

Celery

Kabocha Winter Squash/Melon with lots of flowers

Asian greens
One of the 3 types of basil I'm growing this year.

Thanks for stopping by for an early July garden tour!

**Linking to Jami's Garden Party**

7 comments:

Meadowsweet Cottage said...

It's a good thing I have flowers, because my veggies are off to a slow start. Love your mix of goodies--especially the tomatillos!

Green Bean said...

Pretty pretty tomatillo flowers! I've got lots of male flowers on my winter squash as well but they need a little action to get going! Where are the girls!

the red headed traveler said...

Lovely photos, I especially loved the ones of all the berries! Makes me wish there was an evening farmer's market in operation :)

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

wow! you have a lot to look forward to!

debbie said...

its lookin good! love your tomatillos!! next year i will grow some!
yes we got a bunch of sun the these last few days! well except today!hahaha but its warm out anyway. Maybe this will be the start of summer?

Lynn said...

I love your garden! You have lots of cool stuff. :)

~Holly~ said...

meadowsweet cottage-Ditto here! LOL! Thank you! It's my first year with the tomatillos so I'm excited to see how they turn out!

green bean-Thanks! No kidding. I keep checking every few days. Finally I think I spotted some girlies!

the red headed traveler-Thank you! Ah, farmer's markets. One of my favorite places!

charmcitybalconygarden-I'm hoping this gardening season is good to me! =0)

debbie-Just remember to grow at least 2 tomatillos plants. You get better pollination that way! Let's hope summer comes back soon!

lynn-Thank you!!!!