CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What's Cookin?: Soba with Peas Shoots

I was very excited to eat the pea shoots that I had bought at the farmer's market this weekend. I was also craving noodles. I decided to make up a quick and easy lunch with soba noodles and fresh pea shoots. I like the texture of them raw (and the flavor) but you may like them cooked. It's up to you.

The dressing gave this dish a nice Asian flair. I love fresh ginger so I'm a more is better girl, you may want to use only 1 tsp, then more to taste. I'm sure I used more than 2 tsp but it was yummy! I was originally going to sprinkle the dish with sesame seeds but changed my mind. I thought a sprinkle of nori komi furikake would really accentuate the Asian flair! It was a very yummy treat for lunch!

Soba with Pea Shoots
Serves 1



Dressing:
1-2 tsp. fresh ginger (grated)
1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
2 tsp. sesame oil
3/4 Tbsp. brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tsp. soy sauce

1 bundle dried soba noodles
1 c. pea shoots
nori komi furikake or sesame seeds

1) Mix the ingredients for your dressing. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.

2) Cook soba noodles according to package directions. After cooking, drain noodles in a colander. Add drained noodles to a bowl.

3) Top with pea shoots. Pour dressing over the noodles and pea shoots. Sprinkle with furikake or sesame seeds. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Oh your dishes are always delicious. I like soba very much. Maybe I should cut some pea shoots so they branch more and I have a treat too.

~Holly~ said...

Thank you Diana! I love love love noodles of all kinds. Somen, soba and udon are my favorite Japanese noodles. I was tempted to cut some pea shoots from my plants but I was too afraid to since they were late starts. I hope you get some pea shoots. They're so yummy (even just simply sauteed with oil and garlic). Yummy!!