CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 6, 2011

What's Cookin?: (Meatless Monday) Mint Pea Dip

Since I picked all that mint earlier this week, I had to figure out what to do with it all. I saw a recipe for a Mint Pea Dip in a magazine. This is my version of it. It's a nice way to use up peas too. Although in my house, fresh peas never last long. I opted for the frozen peas instead.

The dip is yummy and creamy. You can pair it with a vegetable crudity platter like I have or with pita chips. You can also serve it on mini toasts or as a spread for a sandwich. Use your imagination!

The ingredient list is very simple. You'll also need a food processor.



Mint Pea Dip

1 (16 oz.) package of frozen peas or about 3 cups
2 cloves garlic
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon (about 3 Tbsp.)
1/4 c. packed fresh mint leaves
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. tahini
1/4 tsp. sea salt

1) Bring a pot of water to boiling. Add peas and cook for about 3 minutes. When peas are done cooking, plunge them into an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Drain peas and set aside.

2) Place whole cloves of garlic in a food processor and pulse to mince. Add the remaining ingredients and blend on high to puree.

3) Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.

2 comments:

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

Looks beautiful! I might have to use my neighbor's mint to try this. I'm always looking for a good dip!

~Holly~ said...

I hope you like the dip! It's like a pea hummus. I brought some to work with sliced veggies and it was a hit. They all loved it. It's the prefect balance of peas, garlic, tahini and mint. The mint goes really well with the peas!