CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Volunteer Dill

Yesterday I direct sowed some dill seeds. I had to change out the container because last year I forgot to drill holes in the bottom of the dill container. DOH! I had to dig up the soil so I was sure there'd be no volunteer dill this year. I had read somewhere that dill is self-sowing.

Imagine my surprise today when I was out watering the plants when I discovered these volunteer dill seedlings in other pots that happened to be closeby. There's about 3 or 4 plants in the bottom of the raspberry pot and at least one in a flower pot.

Yeah! Maybe I'll be able to dig these up and transplant them into the correct pot when they get a little bigger! I love when your garden surprises you with gifts!!

2 comments:

smedette said...

I have some volunteer squash (I think butternut) that popped up where my old compost pile used to be. It's huge now; just letting it do it's thing.

I agree, volunteers can be a lot of fun.

~Holly~ said...

smedette-Congrats on the volunteer squash! How awesome!!