CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 20, 2011

Refrigerator Pickles-Advice Needed!!

Does anyone know how long refrigerator pickles last? I found a jar of Pickled Green Tomatoes (Tomolives) that I made last September. I opened them up and found no obvious signs of ickiness. I even tasted one of the pickles and they still taste delicious. I'm not sure how this jar escaped being seen for all these months. Of course they've been sitting on the top shelf of the refrigerator this whole time.


Do you think it's still safe to consume? I really really really wanna eat them! LOL! By the way, this recipe is awesome!!

3 comments:

Veggie PAK said...

If they are "pickled" I would eat them. They might be soft compared to what they were originally, but they shouldn't be bad.

Wendy said...

right - I remember when you made those!

We had a barbeque the other day and without my knowing, my husband opened up the jar of pickled stuff he made last summer and served it. People had eaten it (with a "yum") before I had a chance to notice. No one got sick...

~Holly~ said...

Thanks for the advice! Like I said, I tasted them and they seemed fine. A little more vinegar kick but I like that. After I posted this, I went back and sampled a few more. I just couldn't stop myself. LOL! I didn't get sick so it's all good!!