CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 27, 2011

Harvest Monday 6/27/11

This week's harvest is still greens. I harvested more of the spinach, arugula and mustard greens. The first run of arugula is bolting so I pulled them out and the second batch will go in soon.

A few more Swiss chard stems were harvested. The plants are looking good and producing heavily!

I guess I wasn't paying attention to the gai lan because this week I noticed one of the stalks was already flowering. Ooops! I harvested a few gai lan shoots and broccoli side shoots.
The most exciting harvest news this week was the first harvest of snap peas!! Yaaahooo!! I used some of my harvest to make a yummy Spring Quinoa Salad.


This week's harvest totals:
- peas = 0.18 lb
- spinach/arugula/mustards = 0.27 lb
- gai lan/broccoli = 0.64 lb

7 comments:

Robin said...

Yippeee for peas! I hope that you get many many more!

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

beautiful harvest!

Allison at Novice Life said...

Your harvest looks great!

~Holly~ said...

Robin-Yeeaaahh!! I'm so excited to finally get to eat them. I'm still trying to be patient for the shelling peas. Those are a real sweet treat!

charmcitybalconygarden-Thanks!!

Prairie Cat said...

Yum! I bet you enjoyed those peas, they look tasty! I really need to find another way to eat arugala besides just in salads. There is only so much that I can add to my salad before the flavor starts to become overwhelming to me.

Daphne said...

I agree yippee for peas. I'm in a pea lull right now, but I see new flowers starting to form. I'm ready for them.

~Holly~ said...

Allison@Novice Life-Thank You!

Prairie Cat-Sorry I don't have any suggestions. That's the only way I eat arugula but I do tend to mix them in with other greens like lettuce or spinach to diffuse the peppery taste.

Daphne-Good luck with your pea harvest. I love peas!!