CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 5, 2011

GTTC: Swiss Chard

Since I just got back from Las Vegas, I haven't been doing much cooking. I've been eating a lot of fresh greens from the garden. Nothing too exciting.

I did, however, manage to cook up some Copper River salmon this week! I love Copper River salmon season!! I harvested a bunch of swiss chard this week. I whipped up an easy and pretty side dish with olive oil, garlic, onions and a splash of balsamic vinegar. It's the vegetarian version of this yummy side dish. If you have the bacon, I would recommend using it. It adds a lot to the dish!

**Linking up to Wendy's GTTC at Greenish Thumb**

7 comments:

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

yum! Salmon:) I've been looking for some swiss chard to see how it tastes but the ones at the grocery store isn't as pretty as yours (and other gardeners). I will have to check out the farmer's market soon.

~Holly~ said...

charmcitybalconygarden-I love salmon but I'm always extra excited when Copper River Salmon season is on. This salmon (to me) is the best! I made some for my brother and his family and they thought it was the best salmon they've ever had! I hope you visit the farmer's market and find some pretty swiss chard. I think they're quite tasty!! They grow well in containers. If you decide you like them, let me know, I can send you some seeds.

Rosey said...

This looks delicious. I am always looking for new ways to prepare it since it grows so well for us in the mountains.
Thanx for stopping by.

tangledbranches said...

My spring swiss chard crop was a failure this year. Don't know why it had such poor germination, but I'll try again in the fall. No Copper River salmon here, unfortunately, but the combo sounds delicious.

~Holly~ said...

rosey-Try the recipe with the bacon. The bacon gives it a nice balance. You should also try the Smoked Salmon and Swiss Chard recipe I posted. That one was a definite keeper!!

tangledbranches-Sorry about your spring swiss chard. I hope you get to plant some for fall!

Wendy said...

you've got some really great chard recipes. I did try your recipe last year with the mushrooms over steak. Still remembering that one...

~Holly~ said...

wendy: thanks! If you have chard to use, you should try the smoked salmon & swiss chard quiche. That was heavenly!!