CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 26, 2011

GTTC: Kale, Swiss Chard, Strawberries, Blueberries & Rhubarb

This week's GTTC features some greens, pickles and the first of summer's berry crops. I'm so excited about the berries!! Yummy!!

I make this Kale and Swiss Chard Salad for my Meatless Monday meal. It was a great way to use up the greens and served as a nice break from the normal salads. The addition of cranberries and almonds gave it a nice crunch. Just think of all the vitamins you're getting in just one serving!
Since I only used the leaves of the Swiss chard for the salad, I saved the stems to make refrigerator pickles. These turned out great. As an added bonus, I love love love the pretty colors in the jar!!
This is a quick and easy pudding cake to use some of the summer berries (none came from my garden). I used some rhubarb, strawberries and blueberries in my cake. It was delicious!!

**Linking to Wendy's GTTC at Greenish Thumb**

0 comments: