CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 19, 2011

GTTC: Chinese Cabbage, Kale, Arugula, Mustard Greens, Spinach & Tatsoi

I'm still harvesting greens galore!! I've managed to be creative with meals and am trying out new recipes along the way. This week, there was tons of Chinese cabbage harvested due to bolting. I've also harvested lots of lettuce, spinach, arugula and mustards. I harvested my first kale of the season as well as more Swiss chard.


Here's how I've been using up some of my garden harvests this week. I used a nice portion of Chinese cabbage in this delicious Seared Scallop and Peanut Sauce Asian Coleslaw recipe.
Besides boring salads, I've been stuffing my sandwiches with garden greens. I also harvested my first kale of the season. I kept the Lacinato kale for cooking and made up some Baked Kale Chips with the Dwarf Blue Curled Scotch kale.
I used some Tatsoi as a bed for this awesome Thai-Style Halibut with Tatsoi.
With the remainder Chinese cabbage, I made more kim chi! Luckily I have friends to share it with!


**Linking to Wendy's GTTC at Greenish Thumb**

3 comments:

tangledbranches said...

Everything sounds delicious. I almost can't wait for fall so I can have fresh greens again.

Wendy said...

You have been very creative! I tend to live in the boring salads realm. That kim chi looks so incredible, I wish I could have some!

~Holly~ said...

tangledbranches-LOL!! And here I'm impatiently awaiting a real summer so I can have warm weather goodies!!

wendy-Thanks! I've had to be since I've been harvesting greens like crazy. I tend to get bored with the everyday salad. I even have to switch up my toppings on the salads to keep it interesting (ie: tuna, salmon, chicken). The kim chi is really good. It's really easy to make too!!