CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 5, 2011

First Pea Flowers of 2011!!

Today the first flowers bloomed on my Sugar Snap Peas. These plants were bought as starters and planted around April 18th. They're finally blooming!! Sweet and yummy peas are right around the corner. It's amazing that it's early June and I'm still waiting for peas. The second batch of peas that I planted will likely have to be pulled because by the time they get big enough, it'll be too hot for them. I guess I'd better enjoy these early peas while I can!

Still no flowers on the shelling peas but they're doing great. I can't wait for those! They're a real treat!

5 comments:

Annie's Granny said...

My snap peas, planted April 2, are just getting buds today! I hope I get peas before it gets too hot for them, 'cause they sure look lush and healthy.

~Holly~ said...

Annie's Granny-Hooray for pea season. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting. Fresh peas are the bestest!! I hope you get your flowers soon!!

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Yeah! It is great that all of us seem to start their pea harvest this months.

Rosey said...

If I can just win the battle I have with mice for the peas, I might actually get a few for us.

~Holly~ said...

MKG-It's funny that we're on opposite growing seasons yet managing to harvest the same crops! Awww!!

rosey-Mice? Yikes! Good luck with your peas! I hope the mice save some for you!