CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Edible Fava Greens

I've never grown fava beans before but I know a few people that do. I was reading a back issue of Sunset magazine (April 2011) and learned something new.

In their article titled "Rethink Your Greens", they offer recipes for unusual edibles such as pea shoots and fava greens. Now I knew about pea shoots. I love them!  However, I've never heard of eating the fava greens. Good to know! The flavor is described as spinach meets fresh peas, with a hint of artichoke. It sounds delicious!

5 comments:

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

I never grew them too. Ah but maybe too late now to sow them. Perhaps next year.

Lrong said...

Had wanted to try out the fava leaves this season but... perhaps next season...

~Holly~ said...

MKG & Lrong-I think I may try them next year also. I'm intrigued by the greens and how they're described. Sounds delish!

mac said...

I was going to pick some fava greens but kept forgetting. Now they are setting pods so I'm keeping my hands off trying hard not to disturb them, I want my beans, maybe next year I'll do the greens.

~Holly~ said...

mac-I wouldn't disturb them too. The pods are likely tastier! LOL! If you do the greens, let me know if they are a keeper!