CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 27, 2011

Spring Garden Macro Tour

I was experimenting with the macro lens in the garden. Here's a few beauties.


Bright Lights Swiss Chard





Mizuna



Parisian Pickling Cucumbers (still alive under the row covers...yeah!)



Tyee Spinach



Osaka Purple Mustard Greens



Carrots (finally!)



Bull's Blood Beets



Spanish Lavender



Blueberries

Hopefully this is the beginnings of actually fruit.



Weigela



Peonies



Raspberries



Strawberries



Baby Bok Choy



French Breakfast Radish



Castelofranco Raddichio



Verde Tomatillo



Black Plum Tomato

8 comments:

Rowena... said...

Holly you are just amazing! Your garden space must be like an acre or something - I love your enthusiasm for growing so many things. ^-^

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

The swiss chard is so photogenic! I love the little baby fuzz you get on the tomato flowers. So cute. Nice lens! The pictures are beautiful!!

Annie's Granny said...

My macro setting only gives me fuzzy photos. Do you suppose it's because I left my camera hanging on the fence post when I watered the lawn? LOL Your photos are gorgeous, as are your plants! Yay, carrots!

smedette said...

Awesome photos, Holly! That chard looks delicious.

Lrong said...

You do have a lot growing in your garden!

~Holly~ said...

rowena-Thanks! No acres here. Just 3 raised beds and lots and lots and lots of containers! Believe me, I'm still debating whether to rip up my small backyard for a larger garden!

charmcitybalconygarden-Thanks! I love how pretty a spring garden is!

annie's granny-Oh no! Sorry about your camera! Casualty of gardening! Thanks! I was playing with my macro lens (I love it!).

smedette-Thanks!!

Lrong-My eyes are often bigger than my actual garden space! It's been fun growing things I've never grown before!

mac said...

Nice pictures, love macro photography.

~Holly~ said...

Thanks Mac! I love the different perspective with the macro lens!