CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Restaurant Rambling: Mark's Place (Puhi/Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii)

On my last morning on Kauai, I asked my dad to take me to get lunch for the plane ride. I decided I wanted a plate lunch from Mark's Place. Mark's is actually located in Puhi, not Lihue. It's in the Puhi Industrial Park, across from Kauai Community College.
This is the menu.
They also have daily specials.

I decided on a 2 choice combination plate. I got the Korean chicken and teriyaki beef. It was served on a small amount of noodles. There was so much food! I got the tossed salad (instead of the macaroni salad) because I thought it would travel better. I also elected for the brown rice. It's funny because 5 years ago, brown rice didn't exist in Hawaii. Hawaii is a white rice state. These days, some places offer brown rice as an alternative.

It was so much food, that I had my lunch on the plane and had enough to bring home to Oregon for the next day's lunch. If you're ever on Kauai, I highly recommend a trip to Mark's Place. It's not a restaurant but more of a take out joint. There are a few picnic benches outside but pick up some lunch or dinner (they're open until 8pm) and eat it on the beach!


Mark's Place
1610 Haleukana, Unit A (in the Puhi Industrial Park)
Puhi/Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii
ph: (808) 245-2722

0 comments: