CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Restaurant Rambling: Lappert's Hawaii (Hanapepe, Kauai, Hawaii)

Okay, so this isn't really a restaurant but I decided to code it that way anyway. After a few hours in the sun, I decided a nice cold treat was in order. I stopped at Lappert's in Hanapepe. The Hanapepe Lappert's location is the original. It was started in 1983. I remember going there with my grandpa when I was little on special days. I should note that the ice cream is a little expensive. When I was little, Bubble Gum ice cream was my favorite flavor. Today, it makes me sick thinking about it.

As an adult, I love the Kauai Pie flavor of ice cream so it was no surprise that I couldn't be swayed. Even the yummy sorbets couldn't change my mind. Kauai Pie is kona coffee ice cream swirled with chocolate fudge, coconut flakes, macadamia nuts and vanilla cake crunch. It was delicious!!

If you're ever on the West side of Kauai, be sure to stop for a quick treat at Lappert's Hawaii. Just as a side note, there are 3 other locations on the island: Koloa, Kapaa and Princeville. The Koloa location has moved to the new Kukuiula Shopping Village.


Lappert's Hawaii
1-3555 Kaumuali'i Hwy
Hanapepe, HI 96716
ph: (808) 335-6121

3 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Ooh, that looks amazing!

Wendy said...

oh my god. I love the sound of that kauai pie! I may make that this summer with the fancy ice cream maker I am coveting for my birthday.

~Holly~ said...

meemsnyc-Thanks! It was sooo good!!

Wendy-Oh and ice cream maker! That would be so awesome!!