CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Planting out some of the Cucumbers

Today I decided to try to plant out some of my leggy cucumbers. Since I had to pull out my bolted Chinese cabbage, I decided to plant the cucumbers in it's place. I'm not sure if it's too cold for them to be outside but this box is covered by a row cover so hopefully it will keep them warm and safe.

These are the Lemon Cucumbers.
I also decided to pull out the rest of my tatsoi. The looked like they were going to bolt. I replaced the tatsoi with another type of cucumber.

These are Parisian Pickling Cucumbers.

Thinking about it now, I should have only planted a few of each as a trial run. It seems I've put all my cucumber seedling in one basket. If they don't make it, there goes my crop! I still have my Tasty Green (Asian) Cucumbers and Boston Pickling Cucumbers to plant out. I hope these guys survive! I really wanted to see what the Parisian Cucumbers were all about.

2 comments:

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Maybe you still have time to sow another batch just for back up.

~Holly~ said...

I think I may just do that! I'm nervous. Last year I had a terrible time with cucumbers. I think it was because it was sooo wet last year. This year it's not as wet but still cold. We just can't win!