CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Planting More Tomatoes

The weather this weekend hasn't been great. It's chilly and rainy. Despite all this, I thought I needed to get some tomatoes into their new homes. It's May and if I'm going to have any chance of fruit, I need to make these babies GROW! I decided to pot up more tomatoes.
I covered the tomatoes with WOWs. I wanted to cover the tops because since I put tomato cages around my young plants, I was afraid not having the tops "tepee" on itself would leave the plants exposed to the elements. I was going to use bubble wrap but had some extra bubble packers. Rather than using brand new bubble wrap, I decided to recycle. I tucked them around the cage and tied the top of the WOW so they wouldn't topple over.


2 comments:

becky3086 said...

Great ideas! These look like they will work perfectly well!

~Holly~ said...

Thanks becky3086! I hope they work to keep the tomatoes warm but don't block all the light out!