CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 23, 2011

Look Who's Moved In?

As if I don't have enough to worry about with the aphids and cabbage moths, I was talking to my neighbor today and she alerted me to a new neighbor.

Apparently these are either mole or gopher tunnels.

They dug around her front yard and she says they also dug all around the back of her house.

Now I'm very nervous since she's my neighbor. I'm sure they'll be venturing over to my yard next. It's only a matter of time.

5 comments:

Annie's Granny said...

Oh, no! That's even worse than my neighbor's Bermuda grass that's creeping into my garden!

Rowena... said...

I hope you never see the day where you'll actually have to deal with them. Bad news all around.

Why I garden... said...

Hi Holly, is there a local animal shelter that will set a trap and take the animial away? About growing lupins... I started them off in pots until they got established and then planted them into the ground. I have clay soil as well so I dig in some compost and grit to make it more plant friendly. The slugs seem to like lupin so I make sure young plants aren't ending up slug breakfast. All the best, Kelli.

Veggie PAK said...

Go to:

http://non-electric.lehmans.com/search#w=mole%20chaser&asug=

...and check out these devices that are supposed to repel moles and voles by producing a vibration that they don't like. $20 apiece. I'm ordering a couple just for wind direction indicators.

~Holly~ said...

annie's granny-Way worse than Bermuda grass!!!

rowena-Thanks! So far, so good!!

why I garden-I'm sure there is a resource like that. I haven't needed to look into it yet (thank goodness!!). Thanks for the lupine info!! I think that sounds like a great way to try them out!

veggie PAK-thanks for the info!!