CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Flower Seedling Update

I planted the Echinacea that I bought into larger pots. Someone posted a comment saying that they've grown these plants in clay soil. If they get larger, I'll consider planting them outside with lots of composted soil.

My bee balm or Monarda are looking good since they went outside. It's a wonder how sunlight perks up these flowers.
The snapdragons that I grew from seed are also enjoying the sun.

My little lone surviving Echinacea (grown from seed) is holding it's own. I believe this was the Magnus variety. I hope it survives!
The flower pots that I direct sowed earlier this month are coming along. In the red pot are Double Click Cosmos and Sprite Zinnias.
This green pot holds Twinkle Twinkle Sunflowers and Dwarf Bright Lights Cosmos

The yellow pot contains Oriental Scarlet Poppies and Jewel Nasturiums.
I've never grown nasturiums before. I hear the pretty flowers are edible. Bonus!!

My other flowers are coming along nicely also. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can plant them outside.




2 comments:

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

I like the colorful containers! Next year I will have to try flowers. You have a lot going on too! that's great.

~Holly~ said...

charmcitybalconygarden-Thanks! Colorful containers were a courtesy of Target. They were so bright and cheery that I couldn't resist. I usually get so distracted by my veggies every year that I forget about the flowers. I find that planting bee friendly flowers helps to get tomatoes, eggplants and peppers pollinated. If you shoot me your email address, I'll send you some flower seeds for next season.