CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 13, 2011

Finds from the Hanapepe Farmer's Market

Although there was so much I wanted to get. I had to remember that I was only here on Kauai for a few more days so I had to be smart about my shopping. Here's what my dad and I ended up with (calamansi, beets, longan, mountain apple, fiddlehead ferns, sunrise papaya).

Calamansi: A Filipino lime that is orange on the inside. I think it's a cross between a tangerine and a lime. Excellent for a kick of citrus. I bought them for my papaya.

Longan: Longan is a tropical fruit like lychee. They grow in clusters. You have to peel the thin outer skin to get to the sweet fruit.

Mountain Apple

Warabi or Fiddlehead Ferns. My dad loves these things. He usually makes a yummy salad with it with tomatoes, onions and cod fish.
Sunrise Papaya: I wish you had smell-o-vision because these papayas were uber ripe and tasted fabulous. On the bottom is a picture of the calamansi cut in half. I squeeze it on my papaya and bottoms up!



0 comments: