CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Eggplant and Pepper Progress and Transplanting Bee Balm

The eggplant and peppers seem to be doing okay. They look much better than last year's seeds that were started late. I was worried about them not being strong enough to support their own heads so I staked most of them. My Hawaiian eggplant did not grow. Boo!
My Tiger eggplant sprouted late and have been blocked out from the sun by other larger plants. As a result they look rather pitiful. I may have to scrap them this year but I haven't had a the heart just yet.
The pepper forest is looking good.

Even my dad's Hawaiian Chili Pepper seeds grew and the plants are looking good. I can't wait to make "chili pepper water" with the peppers.

I started these bee balm or Monarda seeds in late February. It was time to transfer to larger pots. I decided to leave the snapdragons (top left) in their cells. The lone coneflower that survived also got potted up (top right). They're all very small plants. They may not be ready to go out this year. I didn't realize they took this long to grow.

4 comments:

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Can't wait to see your tiger eggplant and what you plan to do with the harvest.

Linda said...

Can't wait to see how your Hawaiian Chili Peppers do..

Why I garden... said...

Hi Holly, I enjoyed reading about the plants you're growing. I have snapdragon posted on my blog today as well. They seem to grow so slow! Did you pinch your peppers? I read some articles that said to do this so I pinched. What is 'chilli pepper water'? All the best, Kelli in Northern Ireland.

~Holly~ said...

malay-kadazan girl: I hope my Tiger eggplant make it. Last year I didn't have any fruits. I was planning on making curry with them! I hope I have some this year!

linda: I hope they grow in Oregon!

kelli: Thanks for visiting my blog! I didn't pinch my peppers. I'll have to read up on that. I'm planning a post on chili pepper water since I'm in Hawaii on a mini vacation. I'll tell you all about it!