CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 25, 2011

Trimming the Strawberries

I snuck outside during a break in the rain. This ugly thing has been staring at me every time I went outside. It's last year's Strawberry Topsy-Turvy. I didn't cut back my plants last year. I guess I need to research this more because I have no idea what to do with strawberries. BUT, I was shocked to see green with the brown dead branches.

I trimmed and trimmed and trimmed. Viola!! Fresh, green strawberry shoots! I wonder if they'll produce fruit this year?

2 comments:

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Nice trimming! I keep on forgetting to cut some runners and transplant it to another pot.

the red headed traveler said...

I've been curious about the topsy turvey contraptions. Would you recommend getting one? I don't have any ground gardening space where we live so am always looking for alternative planting ideas.