CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sowing More Summer Seeds

I also was able to finally sow more seeds today. This is my first time growing dried beans. I got some Borlotti Dwarf Beans seeds in a swap (top, lighter colored seeds). I bought some Dragon's Tongue Beans from Burpees (bottom, darker colored seeds). Anyone have any advice on what to do with them? Do I just let them grow and dry on the vine?

Green beans:
- Blue Lake Bush Beans
- Cantare Haricot Nain (seeds from France)

Asian greens:
- Baby Bok Choy
- Red Choi Pac Choi
- Waianae Strain Kai Choy

Lettuce:
- Rouge D'Hiver Romaine
- Garnet Oakleaf
- Craquerelle du Midi or "Winter Density" (seeds from France)
- Merveille des 4 saisons or "Marvel of 4 Seasons" (seeds from France)

Cucumbers:
- Lemon
- Boston Pickling
- Tasty Green
- Parisian Pickling

Summer Squash:
- Black Beauty
- Patisson Golden Marbre Scallop
- Clarinette Lebanese

Winter Squash:
- Kabocha

Melons:
- Tularosa Market
- Charentais
- Petit Gris De Rennes

2 comments:

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

You have many varieties growing at your place and the edible growing list is getting longer. Good Luck:). Many exciting things in your garden.

~Holly~ said...

Thanks Diana! Since I'm a rookie, a lot of these vegetables (and fruit) are new for me growing from seed. It's been an interesting challenge. Sometime I think I'm way in over my head but at harvest time, I'm reminded why I did it! Thanks for the encouragement!!