CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 25, 2011

Harvest Monday 4/25/11

I came home from vacation to a windowsill lettuce box that was overflowing.
I snipped and trimmed and came up with a whole colander full of mixed greens. After I washed and dried the greens, I was able to fill 2 (5 oz) containers. Among the greens are mizuna, red trooper spinach, red sails lettuce and outredgeous lettuce. They'll make for excellent salads this week!
The greens were delicious as a filler in my tuna sandwich for lunch. The mizuna gave it a nice tang.
Happy Harvest!!

**Edited to add my thyme thinnings and the wonderful soup I made with them**

7 comments:

villager said...

That's a lovely pot of greens you have there!

Annie's Granny said...

At least we're getting our healthy salads, huh? Maybe some day it will warm up and we can begin to harvest something else!

Sherry said...

Isn't it nice to come home and find your lettuce's been growing and ready for your harvest while you went on your vacation?

Robin said...

How nice to come home to some nice fesh veggies to eat!

Daphne said...

Nice harvest. I always worry about my plants when I go on vacation.

Mac said...

Whoa, nice healthy salad to come home to.

Barbie said...

Awesome sight to see when you returned I am sure. Nice sammy. ;-)