CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sticker Shock: The Price of Paradise

Reason #1 (and a big one) that I don't move back to paradise....the cost of living is extremely high. Believe me, you don't know what inflation is until you've lived in Hawaii. It amazes me how expensive basic necessities are on the islands.

I almost had a heart attack when I was at the gas station filling up my dad's F-150 truck with gas. I watched the digital price go up and up. I was hoping it would stop at $50.00. Nope, it kept climbing. $60.00? Nope, still going. OMG! $72.00? Paradise had a price tag and I just got stung!

Groceries are also expensive. Eggs are about $4 for a dozen.

Want to go with organic eggs? Haha, you'll pay double that. Who can afford to eat organic here?

For milk, expect to pay at least $3.50.



Plain white bread will also cost you about $4.00.


My beautiful, soft, fluffy sweet bread is over $6. That didn't stop me though. Must have sweet bread!
Cereal averages about $5 a box.

Produce is also expensive. Apples are over $2 a pound. When I left Oregon, they were on sale for 88 cent a pound.

As you can see, there is a price for living in paradise. It's a rude awakening and will give you sticker shock!

0 comments: