CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 22, 2010

Snow Day

I waited all day for the snow. I had the day off today. I never have the day off when it snows. I'm usually one of those suckers driving to work or from work in it. Last year we had a freak snowstorm and it took me 3 1/2 hours to drive my normal 1/2 hour home.


This time I was excited to get to watch it from my couch. They predicted a 1pm dusting on Portland. I had plans to go see Harry Potter tonight. I hoped I wouldn't interfere with my plans. I had waited all weekend. I was going to see Harry!!

1pm came and went and still no snow. Disappointed, I went to the mall. I had dinner with friends and got to see the new Harry Potter movie (geeky, I know). When the movie let out, there was SNOW!!

I got to drive home in the snow. It wasn't too bad, just a mild dusting. By the time I got home, it had stopped. It looks pretty pathetic doesn't it?



Hopefully they'll be more tomorrow. I'm so glad I'm not going to work tomorrow. The overnight low is forecasted to drop into the high teens or low twenties. Lots of ice on the roads tomorrow. As for me, I'll be sitting by the fireplace with my hot chocolate. Ahhh...gotta love snow days!

0 comments: