CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Restaurant Rambling: Tokkuri Tei (Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii)

I was having dinner with a friend during my one night on Oahu. It had been my friend's birthday a couple of months ago so I had them pick their birthday dinner restaurant.

Tokkuri Tei is a small izakaya/sushi restaurant. They are located in a small small strip mall. Parking is tough here and they offer valet for $3.



The menu is extensive and they serve some Japanese favorites. My friend chose the sushi and I chose the small food plates.

Tsukune (chicken meatballs)-Meh, okay but definitely not the best I've had.


Hotate butter (scallops in a butter sauce)-these were amazingly good, I could eat 2 plates by myself!



Butterfish tempura with miso sauce-wow! excellent!

Dynamite roll (spicy tuna roll topped with tobiko and tempura bits)-yummy!

Hamachi, Salmon, Anago & Scallop sushi-the sushi here is exceptional. Large and very fresh pieces of fish are draped lovingly over a bed of rice. Yum!
I would have loved to see the dessert menu but I was sooooo stuffed after this carnage. I'll definitely be back some time. The food here was amazing!! The only gripe I had was that we were there for an early dinner at 6:30pm. Our orders were taken and the food came out quickly. However, at the end of our meal, the restaurant started to fill up. We waited and waited and waited forever for them to notice that we were done and waiting for our check. Other than that, excellent food!!
Tokkuri Tei
611 Kapahulu Ave, Ste #102
Honolulu, HI
ph: (808) 739-2800

0 comments: