CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Restaurant Rambling: Josselin's Tapas Bar & Grill (Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii)

I had wanted to check out Josselin's Tapas the last time I was on Kauai but they weren't quite open yet. This time, I was in luck. They were open for business. I went with some friends on my last night home.

The decor was warm and inviting. It was very loud in the restaurant.

Josselin's has yummy sangrias. I tried the pomegranate sangria. For dinner, I tried the Seared Diver Scallops. They were yummy!

The Potato Crusted Opah was absolutely delicious!

Josselin's has great food. The prices are high and service left something to be desired. Our dishes arrived okay but we were ignored for quite a while after being served. We had to ask for our bill and ask that they eventually run our cards. We were also the only ones left in the restaurant while we were being ignored. The most attentive server was the busser who got a great tip.

I also had a problem with a fine dining restaurant that had tables set with chipped and dirty plates. It was very tacky! There were also a lot of fruit flies at the restaurant that night. The table next to us had a bottle of wine open that seemed to be attracting all of the fruit flies. It was very off putting seeing them swarm on the bottle. Eww, glad I wasn't drinking that!


Josselin's Tapas Bar & Grill
Kukui'ula Shopping Village
2829 Ala Kalanikaumaka St
Poipu, HI
ph: (808) 742-7117

0 comments: