CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Restaurant Rambling: Brick Oven Pizza (Kalaheo, Kauai, Hawaii)

On every visit home, I must have pizza at Brick Oven Pizza. Growing up, their pizza was the yummiest. A few years ago, the business changed hands. I have to say, the pizza is not as good now. It's very disappointing because I remember how good it was before. Brick Oven's pizza are also very expensive. I was willing to pay that much before for good pizza. One time I even ordered a pizza, Food Saver'ed it and stuck it in my suitcase to take back to Oregon. I know, crazy huh? Now, not so much.

We ordered a large Brick Oven Super (homemade sausage, cheese, salami, pepperoni, mushrooms, black olives, Italian sausage, lean beef, Portuguese sausage, smoked ham, green onions & bell peppers) on wheat with the garlic brushed crust. Prices have gone up...way up. This baby costs $35.

The crust was super thin and the toppings were lacking. There wasn't enough cheese to hold everything together. Once again, it was disappointing. Their Italian dressing is good and I usually dip my crust in it. They now charge 90 cents for a side of dressing. Seriously?

I'm not sure I would order another pizza from them. I'm that disappointed. I was probably their biggest fan. I hear that they do a lunch buffet. That maybe a more reasonable choice.

The garlic cheese bread wasn't good. It was $6. I think they forgot the garlic because it was just cheddar cheese on bread. There was not taste. I'm so sad!


Brick Oven Pizza
2-2555 Kaumualii Hwy
Kalaheo, HI
ph: (808) 332-8561

1 comments:

Wendy said...

That's too bad. The pizza looks good (but i guess if there's no crust...). The bread looks like a filling greasy mess.