CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Restaurant Rambling: Alan Wong's The Pineapple Room (Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii)

After our beautiful beachfront breakfast, my friend and I went to Ala Moana Shopping Center. We walked around and shopped. For lunch, we dropped by Alan Wong's Pineapple Room in Macy's. I love Alan Wong's food. He's a local chef who specialized in using the freshest fish, meats and produce from local sources. Everything I've ever tried at his restaurants have been delicious and lovingly prepared. Today was no exception.

When we arrived, the restaurant was packed. There was a 30 minute wait for a table or two seats at the bar. We opted for the bar.

I wasn't going to have a cocktail, however, after glancing at the cocktail menu I knew I had to try one. The Guava Haupia Cocktail caught my eye. I love the Lava Flow drinks, which is strawberry puree added to a pina colada. This one had a delicious guava puree added to the coconut cream. OMG, it was so good! So pretty too!

Everything on the menu looked delicious. It was so hard to decide on what to get. I finally decided on the Seared Ahi Steak & Furikake Crusted Tofu Salad (mixed greens, watercress, bean sprout, taegu with a spicy soy vinaigrette). This salad was amazing!


My friend tried the Crispy Calamari Somen Salad (mixed Nalo greens & spicy sweet sour vinaigrette). Her dish was also delicious!

If you're even on Oahu and don't mind spending a little more for great quality food, try one of Alan Wong's restaurants. His main restaurant is located on King Street in a non-descript building. The Pineapple Room is in the Macy's dept store (3rd floor) at the Ala Moana Shopping Center. If you plan ahead, I highly recommend reservations as this is a popular place for lunch. If not, be prepared to wait for a table (but it's sooo worth it!).
Alan Wong's The Pineapple Room
Ala Moana Shopping Center, Macy's (3rd floor)
1450 Ala Moana Blvd
Honolulu, HI
ph: (808) 945-6573
www.alanwongs.com

0 comments: