CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Food Finds: Ani's Bake Shop Portuguese Sweet Bread


Mmmm, sweet bread. Portuguese sweet bread is one of the must haves when I go home. We can get it in the mainland (King's Bakery) but it's just not the same. There are several bakeries that I like. Ani's is one of them.

Sweet bread is just as it sounds. It's a sweet roll. I like it right out of the package as a snack or for breakfast. Sometimes I toast them and add a little butter. My niece is crazy about sweet bread. She'll devour the entire package if you let her!

Ani's has a store on Oahu. They also sell it at some markets on the neighboring islands. I found these at WalMart. I don't think Ani's has a website. Sorry folks!

My other favorite sweet bread is made by Punalu'u Bake Shop on the Big Island. Their bread is yummy also. They come in very very long loaves. I love that they have different flavors too. Besides the regular sweet bread, they make an awesome guava (pink) and taro (purple) bread too. They have a website: http://www.bakeshophawaii.com/ if you're at all interested in browsing. They also mail their fresh baked goodies. Yum!!

0 comments: