CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 13, 2010

Gardening: Harvest 9/13/10

I may have lost some harvest pictures from last week. Aww shucks. Anyways, these were harvested today.

A mixed bowl of Millionaire Eggplant, Zucchini, Assorted Green Beans and Strawberries.
I pulled up some test carrots and they looked a decent size.

So I decided to pull up my entire patch of carrots in the square foot box. These are Mini Sweet and Scarlet Nantes. Yummy!

There were only a few duds. This one was split open.

This one was a mutant with 3 prongs!

I also harvested a handful of Bright Lights Swiss Chard. I love love love the fun colors of these!

Here's my carrot harvest all washed and cleaned.


Happy Harvest!

**Be sure to visit Daphne's Dandelion's Harvest Monday to see what other people are harvesting!**

6 comments:

thyme2garden said...

Beautiful carrots, Holly! How deep is your SFG box that you grew these carrots in? My SFG carrots haven't grown that much this spring/summer/fall, so I'm wondering if I need to grow them elsewhere next year.

Heather@myeverydaygraces said...

Holly, What a colorful harvest for the week:) The carrots look great to me. I have had a little trouble with them this year even though I reseeded 3 times! We haven't gotten too many and what did come in the boys took care of! Oh well, at least they're getting their veggies!

Mac said...

The carrots look nice and plump, my carrots are always skinny, maybe they need more fert, don't know why.

Prairie Cat said...

I am always amazed when people show pictures of harvests consisting of a few strawberries (or raspberries/blackberries/blueberries). I don't think that I would be able to keep myself from munching on the tasty morsels before getting a picture!

Daphne said...

I love fresh carrots. The weird ones always make me smile. Well as long as there aren't too many of them.

Thomas said...

Homegrown carrots are rarely perfect but are much more interesting and tasty than anything you can find in the store. I'm really hoping that my potted carrots will work out.