CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wildlife Wednesday: 8/25/10

This week I caught this guy in the tree just on the other side of my backyard. He stands watch in this tree. When another hummingbird comes to drink nectar at my feeder, he quickly sends them a barrage of squeaks. If they don't heed his warning, he'll chase them off. Zoom, the go darting around the yard. He'll even fly straight up into the air them come rocketing down to Earth. It's fun to watch him in action. I really doubt he realizes how tiny he is!

I caught this pretty ladybug on my melon plant. He doesn't have any spots. I wonder if he's an immature ladybug? Or maybe not a ladybug at all?


This is definitely a ladybug on my cosmos.

The bees are back in full force. They just love the cosmos!


0 comments: