CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 23, 2010

Gardening: Harvest 8/23/10

I've had a few things to harvest this week. I had a handful of green beans (Blue Lake & French Fillet), as well as some Royal Burgundy beans. A few more delicious (but small) strawberries and a few older heads of dill that I was going to dry inside for the seeds.

Another Cherokee Purple and a Zucchini were waiting for me early in the week. The tomato made for a lovely snack. I salted and peppered some tomato slices and drizzled with balsamic vinegar and extra extra extra virgin olive oil from Crete (I've been coveting this since my trip there). Mmmmm!!

Yesterday I harvested another Zucchini (this is amazing since my plants weren't looking like they were going to give fruit this year!), another Cherokee Purple tomato, a handful of cherry tomatoes and another handful of mixed beans.
Happy Harvest!!

**Linking to Daphne's Dandelions for Harvest Monday. Check out what people all over the world are harvesting today!**

6 comments:

Robin said...

Oh boy...those Cherokee Purples are the best!!

thyme2garden said...

Holly, that CP really looks good and purple! I'm getting really excited for the seeds. I don't know how I can wait until next spring to start growing them!

Nartaya said...

Your CP's look amazing! Mine went the way of a garden critter. YUMMMMMM!

kitsapFG said...

Beautiful tomatoes! I am growing some plants that were supposed to be CP's but I think I had a seed mix up as they look decidedly like a large cherry tomato to me and not Cherokee Purples. Maybe next year I will get the right seed and give these a proper try.

vrtlarica said...

I have to agree with others, that CP is looking perfect. I will have to try to grow it next year.

Daphne said...

I love the CP tomato. It is indeed perfect. I hope it tasted as good as it looks.