CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 16, 2010

Gardening: Harvest 8/16/10

Here's a few harvests from my garden in the last week. I finally cut a crop of Bright Lights Swiss Chard last week. I've had problems with leafminers. This was my first damage free greens! I made a great side dish, Swiss Chard with Bacon. It's a keeper!


I also picked my first zucchini of the year! Woo hoo! I've had problems with the fruit turning yellow and falling off so this was exciting news at my house!
These were Cherokee Purple and Cherry tomatoes. The larger Cherokee split. Bummers man!
A handful of strawberries last week were sweet and yummy!
This week saw my first Millionaire Eggplant. There were small but I decided to pick them since there were so many flowers on the plants. I wanted them to keep producing. I'm using them in a Meatless Monday dish tonight. My first Patty Pan Squash of the year was this week. I love the shape of them. I also harvested a handful of green beans.

Today I harvested more green beans (mostly French Filets), Strawberries, Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers and 1 red Cherry Bomb Pepper.
More lettuce for salads!

One more bunch of Swiss Chard that was picked today!


Happy Harvest!!

**Linking to Daphne's Dandelions for Harvest Monday**

3 comments:

Daphne said...

Your harvest looks great. I used to grow sunburst which is a yellow version of your summer squash. I never would eat it as I didn't like it, but it was so pretty I had to grow it. My neighbors got the bounty.

thyme2garden said...

Those CPs grow really big, I had no idea! I really need to find some seeds for next year, they seem to get rave reviews from everyone who grows them. When you get around to cooking your patty pan squash (if you haven't already), can you let me know how you like their taste, say, compared to regular zucchini? I've never had them (patty pan), and am curious about their taste. The rest of your harvest looks wonderful!

Ottawa Gardener said...

I've grown Millionaire before and found they were very tasty small - very productive plant. Your swiss chard has a lovely mix of pastel colours.